Guideline to read before requesting a topic
What is a good scientific topic for a thesis?
Before you start to propose any topic, please check your "idea" to pass the following considerations.
A typical structure of a thesis is:
|Motivation/application scenario/problem/goal||(you narrow down the context of your work)|
|State of the art / related work ||(you show that you know a lot of the field and existing solutions)|
|The "gap" / your research question(s)||(you analysed and identified that something is missing in all related work to solve the problem, "Can xy improve/impact abc?"...)|
|Proposed solution/model||(your own innovative solution plan not naming any technology, lib, code)|
|Implementation||(you define what parts of the model you implement, how, why)|
|Evaluation/Test/Proof||(you show how good your solution is)|
It can clearly be seen that the problem must be something to which no solution exists yet and that the technology used (e.g. jQuery, Java, JS, Angular, MongoDB, etc.) is ~not~ part of the title. Technology will be decided later when you come to the implementation (after 1-2 months).
Good topic examples (generic):
- see list of examples
- Analysis, Design and Implementation of a xyz system for abc (problem field)
- Comparison of abc algorithm and def algorithm for solving the xyz problem
Bad topic examples (not accepted):
- Implementation of a TODO-App using Meteor and React
- "I want to code something for frontend using Angular"
You want me to supervise your thesis?
After checking the criteria above, send me an E-Mail with the following information:
- The proposed title of your thesis
- The research question you want to investigate (and answer)
- An abstract of about 1/2 page that summarizes your thesis assunming it would be finished already. Pay attention to the above mentioned parts of a typical thesis to be covered.
Looking forward to tackle interesting problems with you in your thesis!