Torsten Kilias is a Research Associate with the DATEXIS team and at the Beuth University of Applied Sciences Berlin. He graduated from Ilmenau University in 2012. During his studies he worked as intern for IBM in Böblingen, later he joined the team at TU-Berlin.
His research is focused on Text Mining in Databases. He worked on the problem of representing and querying text data with the span data model, in particular for the shared nothing paradigm (see also the INDREX).
Currently, he works in the BMWi funded Smart Data Web project on managing knowledge graphs and text data in a relational database.
- Torsten Kilias, Alexander Löser, Felix A. Gers, Richard Koopmanschap, Ying Zhang, Martin Kersten: In-Database Entity Linking with Neural Embeddings IDEL 2018 (see also the TASTY feat. IDEL)
- Torsten Kilias, Alexander Löser, Periklis Andritsos: INDREX: In-database relation extraction. Inf. Syst. 53: 124-144 (2015)
- Johannes Kirschnick, Torsten Kilias, Holmer Hemsen, Alexander Löser, Peter Adolphs, Heiko Ehrig, Holger Düwiger: A Marketplace for Web Scale Analytics and Text Annotation Services. COLING (Demos) 2014: 100-104
- Torsten Kilias, Alexander Löser, Periklis Andritsos:
INDREX: in-database distributional relation extraction. DOLAP 2013: 93-100
- Felix Beier, Torsten Kilias, Kai-Uwe Sattler: GiST scan acceleration using coprocessors. DaMoN 2012: 63-69